Getting ready prior to inverview
Your personal statement
This is your opportunity to communicate with us why you want to become a teacher, what your skills and areas of expertise are and what qualities you have that make you well suited to this career.
Some things you may want to consider when writing your personal statement:
- Why do you want to teach?
- Your subject?
- In a secondary school?
- What are your educational values and beliefs?
- What are the range of relevant abilities and skills you can bring to teaching?
- Do you have evidence that you understand the rewards and challenges of teaching?
- How have school observations informed your decision?
- Ensure flawless spelling and grammar
- You can use up to 4,000 characters or 47 lines of text
We will need to see your original Degree, A-Level and GCSE certificates. If you do not have these, you will need to contact the appropriate examination board for duplicates. If you do not have Maths and English GCSEs (and Science for Primary) or a recognised equivalent, you will need to sit an equivalency test with Equivalency Testing. For more information, please visit the website: www.equivalencytesting.com (book this sooner rather than later).
These will need to be sent to ENIC who will complete a statement of comparability. This process can be lengthy, so apply now. For further information: www.enic.org.uk